Imprivata GroundControl Check Out is Imprivata’s tool for shared device accountability, management, and login acceleration. Based on years of experience, this document is intended to help our customers successfully roll out Imprivata GroundControl for daily use at hundreds of locations. We do this by setting expectations, identifying needed resources — both hardware and human — and documenting the best practices we have observed.
While we know our software, nobody knows your users better than you do. Every hospital system will find advice within that works or doesn’t work for that organization. As you implement Imprivata GroundControl, you may improve upon what is included in this guide. We encourage you to send us ideas and feedback to make this guide more useful for others in the healthcare community.
This document is intended for an IT team in a healthcare setting. The team should include at least the following people:
- IT project manager
- Imprivata GroundControl system administrator
- Mobile device administrator to perform MDM configuration
- Imprivata OneSign administrator — if Password AutoFill will be used
- Facilities management to scope and set up appropriate locations at each deployment location
Imprivata has resources to assist customers with the implementation of this critical service. Your Imprivata account manager can provide more information on any of the following.
- Imprivata GroundControl online documentation
- Imprivata GroundControl Product Training to ensure your team understands both basic and advanced features of your product
- Imprivata Mobile Administration Management to provide dedicated, experienced, remote administration of your Imprivata GroundControl system
- Imprivata Professional Services for remote and on-site assistance to set up and scale your implementation
- Customer Success Management to provide a close partnership covering all your Imprivata products
To get the most out of this implementation guide, you should have already completed the following:
- You have access to a hosted Imprivata GroundControl tenant, perhaps as part of a product evaluation
- You have set up and tested the Prep, Check Out, and Return workflows as described in our online Check Out Guide
- You have integrated proximity badge readers with Imprivata OneSign, or another identity lookup solution, in order to translate the RFID badges into an Active Directory user ID
- You have integrated your MDM solution into Imprivata GroundControl and configured the MDM API
- You have either purchased or are close to purchasing licensing for Imprivata GroundControl provisioning, Imprivata GroundControl check out, and Imprivata OneSign Authentication Management licenses as required
This guide helps you select the most appropriate equipment for this important project, so please review before making significant purchases.